Thursday, January 29, 2009

One Good Idea for an 8 year olds Birthday

Monday was one of my Grandson's birthdays so I thought I would start him out with some polymer clay. I made a box and decorated it with his name and put some clay,tools,string and some pony beads inside then I started thinking about some ideas to get him going.
So I went to Garie Sims site. Garie is every active in teaching kids polymer clay amoung other great things. He has pages of ideas for kids, with great pictures of the kids. He works with the elderly, and has many articles written about him and his kids in some of the best polymer clay magaizes. He does all kinds of experiments and shares them with the polymer clay community.
This didn't start out to be an article on Garie Sims but sometimes when writing your ideas change and you go in a different direction. If you have the time, because there is a lot to see I suggest you check out Garie's site. You will ahhing and uhing the whole time you are there.
Well I must get back to what I was doing. Finding some creative ideas to include in my grandson's clay play box. Like I said there is a lot to look at and then try to pick just one or two to get him started. Oh my that is a hard one.
I am also working on 42 polymer clay buttons for a special order and 6 pairs of earrings for another order. I will post some pictures as soon as I get them done and uploaded.
So my firends I hope you have a great day whatever you are going to do. Till next time.

1 comment:

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Hey Linda, good to see you posting :) Happy Birthday to your grandson! Sounds like a great site, thanks for sharing.

and wow...that's a lot of buttons!