Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A busy time

This is such a busy time for all of us. Getting ready for the holidays, deer hunting and that last minute canning or freezing. I have been busy with all of that. Last week-end my DH helped a friend butcher a cow. Yes a cow. He was a small one compared to some but it was quite and adventure. We hadn't done that in years, since we lived on a farm, and even then we had someone else come and kill it and dress it out. But they did the whole thing themselves and I must say they did a pretty good job. Considering they didn't have the tools of the trade so to speak. This friend shared some of the meat with us in payment for the work my DH did so we were real busy cutting and wrapping getting it ready for the freezer this week-end. I would guess that we ended up with about 75 lbs of really good beef. We ground our own burger and I can't wait to have one for dinner soon. There is nothing like growing your own and dong all that is needed to get it to the table. You have the feeling of accomplisment that nothing else can compare to.
With all of that out of the way now it is time to get back to doing more Christmas presents, working on this blog and my other one on wordpress. I have a few things that I want to get done, like a lot of baking, and it seems like there just isn't enough time in the day. I have a few of the things in my flickr ablum and hope to add more in the next few days. I also have an Etsy store that I am hoping to add more to shortly.
Also I am hoping to add a few tutes and things to this site but no promises as to how soon that will be. Please put me on your new follow this blog list and I will add you to mine.
Everyone have a good day. See ya soon.

2 comments:

craftygurl said...

Hiya!

love ur flickr photos... :)

CraftyGurl

craftygurl said...

ps... keep up with ur blog! :)