Friday, November 14, 2008

Peanut butter,oatmeal,choc chip cookies

Isn't it funny where our minds can lead us? While thinking about one thing all of a sudden something else comes to mind. This morning I was looking thru my emails and checking out Christie Friesen's web site, which BTW is a great site with lots of info and eye candy,I got to thinking about peanut butter,oatmeal,choc chip cookies. It got so bad that I had to stop what I was doing and go bake some. Then of course I had to eat a few with my DH. They were great by the way. So good in face that I thought I would put the recipe here so you can make your own.
So here it is.

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 cup margarine, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup quick-cooking oats
1 cup choc chips
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together shortening, margarine, brown sugar, white sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended. Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in the oats snd choc chips until just combined. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until just light brown. Don't over-bake. Cool and eat.

Now is says you are to get 48 cookies and I never did like those little teaspoon size cookies so I got 30 man size out of my batch. Any way you do them I hope you enjoy.

After having eat my full and storing the rest I decided I better get busy with my Christmas earrings. But first I wanted to write and tell you my recipe. Now I will get in there and finish up with my earrings. They have the cutest little Santa hats and mittens. I will have them in my Etsy store shortly so please go have a look.
Would you like to follow my site? Is so just click on the link at the top right of my side wing. I would love to add you as a friend.

3 comments:

craftygurl said...

OMG, my boyfriend was asking me about cookies similar to these... I hope you let me borrow this recipe to make for him... :) wow, ESP...

sweet,
Craftygurl

craftyLinda said...

Hey that is why I posted it. Be my guest, your boyfriend will LOVE them and you for making them. LOL

craftygurl said...

thank you! :) I appreciate it and so does my bf... :)

Craftygurl