Friday, December 5, 2008

blogging problems and some tips from...

The tips I am speaking of have nothing to do with the problems I was having. More about that in a minute. I was having problems with wordpress today. My other blog LGdesigns is on wordpress. It took me 45 minutes to write my post this afternoon. My page was all messed up so that I couldn't see everything that I was writing. It would take a long time to pull up the add a link page. Just little things like that but it sure makes it hard to get a job done. Then I was worried that I would lose my post before I could publish it. I did get it done and I wrote about a web site Eugene's Creations. If you would like to read about it just jump right on over I'll be waiting for you.

The tips I am talking about from Contraiwise ramblings. She has a really interesting article on bring more traffic to your blog or website. She explains how to use Google Image search to help bring in more traffic. Here is one quote from your post.

"Three of the most important things that Google Image Search looks for, in descending order, are:
1. Alt Text

2. File Name
3. Surrounding Text"

She then goes on to explain each item , what it is and how to use it. She even show how she used it in her post. Like I have said before I am not a computer whiz but it all made since to me. If you are wanting to drive more traffic to your site you would do well to check out her post. You won't be sorry you did. She ended up saying,

"It may take a while for google to crawl through the web and find your site, but you' ll be AMAZED at how many more hits your blog will have if you remember these 3 steps. "

I am going to try it out when I get some pictures that I want to post.

1 comment:

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Hey, Linda, thanks for sharing those tips for image searches :) Sorry you had so much trouble with your other blog today, could just be a server problem.