Monday, December 22, 2008

Dogs are sometimes under rated.




While I was checking some of my favorite sites , Sue over at Art Ravings had a picture of her furrie baby with a cute little story. I have to agree with you Sue I think our furrie friends are pretty smart. I have a little mixed dog, mother was a miniature Schnauzer and dad unknown. His name is Pooh. He is the smartest little guy. I talk to him just like a kid and I know he knows what I am saying. This is a picture of him sitting in front of the electric heater we have to help keep the living room warm. When he comes in from outside he use to go in his box ( doggie carrier) now he knows if the heater isn't on I will turn it on for him and he can sit there until he gets warm and dry. This morning I turned it on and went to let him in. He went over there but then decided he was going to go play around. I just told him that I would turn it off if he didn't want to use it and back he came. It sure makes you wonder just how much they do know. I have heard of people getting an autistic child a dog, I think it was a yellow retriever, and that child learned how to talk because of talking to his buddy. I know Pooh gives me and my DH lots of love and more than a few laughs. I have always had a dog, some were super smart and some weren't. But all were nice to have around. So here is to all the dogs and their owners... Have a Merry Christmas.


We didn't put up a Christmas tree this year but I do have some of my Santa's sitting around. Pooh can't figure them out but does like to sit and listen to them "talk". Here is a couple pictures of some of my decorations this year.


Until next time Happy Crafty Day, Linda

2 comments:

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Awww, Pooh is adorable! And definitely smart lol
Your Santa collection is lovely and I really like that polar bear too! Merry Christmas, Linda!

(oh, and thanks ever for the link too!)

Aynjul said...

Dogs are such a blessing! I have 2 with such different personalities and purposes in my life. They help me get through a lot!