Friday, December 19, 2008

I can't beleive I won!!

Did you know that the members of PCAGOE ( Polymer Clay Artist Guild of Etsy) have been sponsoring a Scavenger Hunt? It started on Dec. 10th and runs thru Dec. 22nd. I read about it on Valerie Aharoni's site. I went to Valerie's Etsy shop and found the little elfin miss, covo-ed her to let her know I found it and where. And Today I received a message telling me I had won. I am so excited and pleased. The prize for that week was a copy of BEAD STAR ( a new magazine, I'll tell you about later) and the polymer clay components to make my own version of the Best in Show (which Valerie won) necklace.
I have been meaning to tell you about Valerie's site, She is a very talented lady. If you haven't already clicked the link above you can see her Best of Show winning necklace here. She was among more than 1,00 entries in the contest that BeadingDaily.com had in April 2008. Out of 180 finalists her necklace was one of 45 chosen, and will appear on the cover of the new magazine Bead Star.
She talks about transfers, and how she used parchment paper with an ink jet printer. Very pretty out come. She has pictures on her site of the prettiest items she has made using this technique. Sounds interesting I think I will add that to my to-do list for after the Holidays.

1 comment:

Sue Choppers-Wife said...

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like a wonderful prize...and I know you'll enjoy it very much...bet that brightens a stormy day!