Thursday, December 18, 2008

Ya'll know about my love for Santa's. Well in my search for him online I have run across some really remarkable artist. This morning I am looking at Maureen Carlson's wee folk. Her web site is just packed full with a list of her upcoming classes and virtual tours of your shop, both in the spring and winter. I love the expressions she gives to her people and even tho she doesn't have a Santa her site is well worth looking at. Or better yet for those of you who live in or around Jordan, Minnesota, go see her in person.
We are due to have either a lot of snow or freezing rain starting tonight so I am trying to figure out what I need from town so I can get it all in. We live 8 miles from town, which isn't to much if the roads are good. But like with every small town they have not been able to keep our roads clear this year. We have a lot of back roads between us and town and those are the last ones to see a road truck. So we must plan ahead.
Of course with the colder, wet weather comes all the aches and pains of someone with chronic pain ailments and "old age". I know I must pace myself but this time of year with Christmas just 7 days away it is real hard. I have been busy doing what every household is doing this time of year, wrapping packages, baking cookies and other treats, send cards and packages, the list goes on. But one thing I am doing different this year so I don't over work myself and then not enjoy the big day when it gets here, is to put a timer by me ,set for one hour. This helps to remind me to take time for myself and just relax.
That of course doesn't work when I have to keep doctors appointments or deliver packages, but it does help here at home. The end of last week was a rough one as I had to travel 90 miles one way to a doctors. That took some time to recuperate from and then the bad weather hit us with the dampness. But I am back up to par today so hope to get more done today. Got some more polymer clay 'playing`to do.
I hope you all are taking time for yourselves and enjoying this Christmasie time of year.
Don't forget to check out my other sites. Thanks and
Happy Crafty Day, CraftyLinda
http://LGdesigns.wordpress.com
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5125957
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lgdesigns_by_linda/
NEW!! http://lindasthisnthat.blogspot.com/

No comments: